28 Reasons I'm Thankful
Thanksgiving is a major holiday in USA, despite the fact that stores are trying to hijack it with all of their Black Friday sales. And while I don't typically do a lot to celebrate the Holiday — (I haven't lived near family in over 5 years) — I do think it's important that we all take time to think about what we appreciate in our lives. Since Thanksgiving is on the 28th this year, here are 28 reasons I'm thankful!
01. Family —> They provide mental & emotional support, even if they don't agree with me.
02. Friends —> They make me laugh, smile, and make life a little brighter.
03. My Partner —> He's super supportive & sweet. He makes me feel like I can do anything and even when I doubt myself, he provides me with motivation.
04. My Dog —> She provides unconditional & endless love. She brightens every single day.
05. A Roof Over My Head —> I'm fortunate to live in a nice apartment that makes me feel secure.
06. Good Health —> Despite having PCOS & lots of allergies, I'm pretty dang healthy and able to do just about anything I want. Doesn't get much better than that!
07. A Steady Job —> I work for a fun company that's very understanding and has encouraged me to become an even better version of myself. They've taught me tons!
08. Florida Weather —> I love warm weather. I joke that I'm a lizard who likes to soak up sun, but that's not far from the truth. That's why I go to the beach so much!
09. Tasty Food —> We live in an age where food is everywhere and it's not bad food. There are talented people creating delicious food on almost every corner and I love getting to try it.
10. Delicious Drinks —> Sometimes you don't want to drink water. I like water, but sometimes I want some flavor and there are a lot of delicious drinks to choose from.
11. Music —> Music has a way of speaking to your heart & soul. It can lift you up from sadness and coax you into happiness. Music makes life that much better.
12. Fresh Flowers —> I didn't care for flowers when I was younger, but now I enjoy taking long walks and stopping to smile, sniff, and photograph the flowers. They make me happy.
13. Internet Access —> I have a love/hate relationship with the internet, but I am thankful for the wealth of information it holds and the connections that can be made while using it as a tool.
14. Writers/Authors —> I have lived many lives thanks to good books. I've traveled to far-flung destinations and fallen in love with characters I will never meet—books have taught me more than I can possibly express and they wouldn't exist without the brave souls who put pen to paper or fingers to keyboards.
15. Kind Strangers —> Life is hard and it doesn't take any extra effort to be kind yet it seems like most people forget it. So here's a special shoutout to those of you that make an effort to show kindness and manners as you navigate your life.
16. Lazy Weekends —> I like a good night out as much as most people, but there's something about cuddling up on the couch with my dog, a good book, and a pizza and just soaking up some comfort.
17. New Adventures —> And as much as I love a lazy weekend, I love getting out there and having new experiences. It's fun to make new memories.
18. Art —> Art doesn't just look good. It connects people and allows expression beyond what words can say. It's basically magic.
19. Freedom of Expression —> Thanks to living in the USA, I'm allowed to say almost anything I want and while I may not agree with everything I hear people say, I appreciate that they can express their thoughts as well because at the end of the day, we will never understand each other if we can't share our POVs. Just remember to be respectful with your speech and try to see the other person's perspective. You do NOT have to agree with them!
20. Inside Jokes —> Those moments when you look at your friend or SO and just bust up laughing... Yeah, those moments make your everyday life that much better.
21. My SUV —> This sucker allows me to move, work, visit people I care about, travel, acquire goods, and so much more. It makes living my life a lot easier. Although if anyone wants to give me a brand new Lexus SUV for free, I wouldn't be opposed. ;)
22. Time —> It passes slowly some days and flies by on others. There never seems to be enough of it, but a lot of waste time with silly things. So I'm thankful for all the time I have, even if I don't use it how I should all the time.
23. Pizza —> Yes, this has to be separate from food because pizza is amazing and it heals my soul. On rough days, I like nothing more than to grab a pizza and relax with my dog. The cheesiness fills me up and removes some of those stressors.
24. Diversity —> I love the uniqueness everyone brings to the table. I'm fascinated by the traits that make us different and I think we should all embrace it. If we were all the same, life would be boring and we wouldn't have a lot of what we have today.
25. People Who Help The Public (Teachers, Doctors, Military, Firefighters, etc.) —> I could never do any of these jobs. I don't have the patience for it. BUT! That does not make me appreciate these people any less. They help our society function and I salute them for their efforts!
26. Challenges —> We're all guilty of B!*$hing when life doesn't go how we want it—I know I am! But at the same time, the challenges I've encountered have made me who I am today. They've helped me develop my unique mindset and it'll be interesting to see how I tackle the next challenge that comes my way.
27. Language —> I don't care what language you speak, this invention helps us do wonderful things! It helps us connect, learn, and so much more. I just wish we could all hear a language and immediately understand it so that sharing our thoughts and knowledge would be easier.
28. Every Day of Life I Live —> I've had my share of hardships as I'm sure you have and there have been days when I struggled to see the bright side of things, but at the same time, I'm happy for every day I've been given. It's another chance to move on, make changes, and have new experiences.
Okay, so those are the 28 reasons I'm thankful. What are you thankful for? Don't worry, you don't have to share 28 reasons like I did—just share one or two reasons! They can even be some of the reasons I listed above!
Also, don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you know when I've dropped my latest blog post.
Image by Pro Church Media on Unsplash.